Salt Shaker Test Results
When tested with an XRF instrument this vintage golden Stouffer brand porcelain salt shaker (with a cork stopper) had the following readings:
Golden finish of the shaker:
- Barium (Ba): 1,344 +/- 214 ppm
- Gold (Au): 2,293 +/- 59 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 2,105 +/- 92 ppm
- Bismuth (Bi): 137 +/- 16 ppm
- Note: Given the size and geometry of the shaker it was not possible to test any other components (like the logo area on the bottom).
This shaker was tested for a minimum of 60-seconds for each (repeated) test to make sure to report the most accurate possible reading.
I will update this post with more information shortly, but in the meantime – please read some of the other posts I have written to better understand the test results reported on this website.
Additional reading you may find interesting:
- To see more Salt & Pepper shakers I have tested, click here.
- To see more vintage items I have tested, click here.
As always – thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Cool. Now can you check it for radioactivity? That is a serious concern of mine.
I wish! I don’t have the tools for that – lol!