When tested with an XRF instrument this “Made in USA” Christmas tree cookie cutter (with a star on the top) sold at Sur La Table in December of 2019 had the following readings (with a 60-second test):
- Chromium (Cr): 671 +/- 100 ppm
- Tin (Sn): 6,483 +/- 207 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 986,000 +/- 1,800 ppm [98.6%]
- Titanium (Ti): 347 +/- 144 ppm
- Manganese (Mn): 3,962 +/- 597 ppm
Here’s a link to this brand of cookie cutters on Amazon*: https://amzn.to/369M78M
And here are a few other seasonal choices:
- The exact Christmas tree with star pictured here: https://amzn.to/2rghQGT
- Reindeer/ Santa / snowman set: https://amzn.to/2RsxGc1
- Vintage truck with Christmas tree: https://amzn.to/2Rv04dr
- Christmas ornament set: https://amzn.to/2OYYizM
Please continue reading below the images…
In the images above you can clearly see the modern construction with the rolled edge and tiny double spot welds (on the bottom of the tree). I have tested hundreds of cookie cutters with this construction and found it to be an indicator that they are Lead-free within the limit of detection of XRF technology (usually with a threshold of detection in the single digit parts per million.) Bonus… there’s a large selection of this brand of cookie cutters for only $2.00 each at Sur La Table! [Although I would prefer folks not send their business to Sur La Table until they agree to stop making Leaded dishes – so check out the Ann Clark selection on Amazon for starters!]
Cookie cutters that may have Lead (and should be avoided) include:
- Vintage cookie cutters
- Welded cookie cutters with larger (usually silver gray) welds
- Copper cookie cutters with gray weld points
- Brass cookie cutters
- Painted cookie cutters (both vintage and new.)
- Galvanized metal cookie cutters
Here are some additional links to learn more about the testing that I do and report here on this blog:
- To see more Sur La Table items I have tested, click here.
- To learn more about XRF testing, click here.
- To see more “Made in USA” items, click here.
As always, thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
Please let me know if you have any questions.