When tested with an XRF instrument the small hand painted Raffia Vernonware bowl pictured here had the following readings:
Center of the food surface of dish:
- Lead (Pb): 93,900 +/- 3,400 ppm
- Tin (Sn): 2,221 +/- 152 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 969+/- 94 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 1,011 +/- 237 ppm
- Vanadium (V): 208 +/- 50 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 294 +/- 71 ppm
- Zirconium (Zr): 3,433 +/- 191 ppm
This dish was tested for a minimum of 60-seconds on each component with each (repeated) test to make sure to report the most accurate possible reading.
I will update this post with more information shortly, but in the meantime – please read some of the other posts I have written about vintage dishware to better understand the test results reported on this website.
As always – thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
Please let me know if you have any questions.