When tested with an XRF instrument this red painted wooden child’s building block (sent to me by a reader in Canada) had the following readings:
- Lead (Pb): 4 +/- 3 ppm
- Arsenic (As): Non-Detect / Negative
- Cadmium (Cd): Non-Detect / Negative
- Mercury (Hg): Non-Detect / Negative
- Antimony (Sb): Non-Detect / Negative
- Barium (Ba): 189 +/- 105 ppm
- Chromium (Cr): Non-Detect / Negative
- Selenium (Se): Non-Detect / Negative
All tests were done for a minimum of 60 seconds each – using a freshly calibrated Niton XRF instrument (an XL3T XRF testing in “consumer goods” mode). Tests were repeated multiple times on each component to confirm the results. All test results reported on this blog are science-based, accurate and replicable.
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions!