When tested with an XRF instrument this tiny vintage “Rolex” spoon by Bucherer of Switzerland turned out to actually be fine silver! This was a surprise to me as I have found Lead in a LOT of different collectable miniature spoons like this.
Here’s the full XRF reading set for this Rolex spoon (when tested for at least one minute):
- Chromium (Cr): 3,917 +/- 197 ppm
- Bromine (Br): 178 +/- 57 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 9,054 +/- 802 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 6,444 +/- 824 ppm
- Vanadium (V): 305 +/- 100 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 383 +/- 125 ppm
- Silver (Ag): 975,000 +/- 3,700 ppm
Both the bowl and handle of the spoon were tested with similar results. The XRF testing is science-based and the results are accurate and replicable.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.