Lead Safe Mama, LLC is GROWING…
…I’ve written this post because maybe you (my readers) know someone who might be interested in supporting this work in a big way while also getting something in return.
As my regular readers know, this is work that really no one else is doing in the same comprehensive and independent way [without corporate influence] – and growing and expanding it will be a benefit to the public, it’s just a matter of finding the right partners at this point.
WHY: Why would someone want to invest in the work of Lead Safe Mama, LLC?
Well – let’s start with some numbers:
- 4 national awards for my work in the past 8 years (including two from the federal government).
- 5 brands of baby bottles and baby feeding products I have found to have Lead in recent years.
- 10+ years testing consumer goods across the U.S.
- 12+ years actively working as an environmental activist for lead poisoning prevention.
- (14 years since my own children were Lead poisoned.)
- 210 “countries” (as defined by Google Analytics – they count a few more locations than the “official” count) reached by this advocacy work in the past 6 months (as of 6/10/19). Our reach is just missing some parts of Africa that aren’t on the Internet yet! [See world map below.]
- 1,736 – posts (plus 43 pages) of information here on this blog… and counting!
- 3,744 – active subscribers on my mailing list as of today (6/10/2019)
- 10,000+ consumer goods tested by yours truly.
- 23,854 Lead Safe Mama “Likes” on Facebook as of 6/10/19.
- 25,744 Lead Safe Mama “Followers” on Facebook as of 6/10/19.
- 29,744 readers of my blog in the city of Chicago alone in the past 6 months (per Google Analytics as of 6/10/19).
- 40,000+ Total regular social media following across all platforms (Twitter + Facebook, we’re just beginning to explore Pinterest and Instagram.)
- 63,001 unique returning visitors to my blog in the past 6 months (people who come back for more information on a regular basis – per Google Analytics as of 6/10/19)
- 263,133 United States Alexa Rank (on 6/10/2019). [Click here to see how that compares to other websites you may be familiar with.]
- 531,627 Global Alexa Rank (on 6/10/2019).
- 1,116,916 total unique visitors to this blog in the past 6 months (per Google Analytics as of 6/10/19).
- 1,788,422 unique page views to this blog in the past 6 months (per Google Analytics as of 6/10/19).
Everywhere where at least one person has read my blog is highlighted in blue below.
Lead Safe Mama, LLC is growing rapidly; the last 6 months have been phenomenal. The number of people we (Tamara Rubin [me!]- with the help of countless supporters and a handful of corporate sponsors) are reaching with this work and this message is unprecedented. The reach of Lead Safe Mama’s message is unprecedented the corporate, public and nonprofit sectors (compared to others engaged in similar work.) Together, we are poised to do great things – amazing things… truly “Changing the World” level things.
What exactly is “the message” you are reaching people with?
The overarching message being shared here is one of protecting children throughout the world from exposure to neurotoxic heavy metals commonly found their homes and communities – with an emphasis on childhood Lead poisoning prevention, A primary emphasis is on Lead, because Lead is the most ubiquitous toxicant found in our lives. In this work, two areas of focus are:
- Spreading awareness of toxicants found in consumer goods, combined with the possibility of creating consumer demand for (and corporate responsibility around) the creation of toxicant-free consumer goods and
- Lead-safe work practices in renovation (specifically making sure the homes our children live in are free of Lead hazards and other exposures to toxicants).
WHAT: What is there to invest in at Lead Safe Mama, LLC —
isn’t it just a blog run by a mom in Portland, Oregon?
Actually, there is quite a lot more “cooking” over here at Lead Safe Mama, LLC right now than “just” the blog — here are a few of the highlights that I can share at this juncture (without a signed NDA):
- We’re working on completing some films (yes, you heard that right – multiple film projects are in the pipeline).
- We’re working on developing a few “key” Lead-free/toxicants-free consumer goods (specifically kitchenware products.) These are really exciting products because they are products that nearly everyone has in their home – and yet there are no readily-available high-quality, reasonably-priced toxicant-free versions of these products on the market (most of these products in the works have a retail price point goal of below $20.00).
- We’re working on completing some books (yes, again – books with an “s” – there’s more than one book in the pipeline!)
- We’re working on creating an app as a guide for families.
WHEN: When does Lead Safe Mama, LLC need investors?
A. Right Now
As most people in business know, timing is critical.
For Lead Safe Mama, LLC this is indeed a critical time, if we want to capitalize on the momentum of the past 6 months – and make things really pop by the end of the 2019 calendar year. Accordingly, I am looking for investors to come on board by the end of this month (June, 2019) if at all possible.
HOW MUCH: How big are the opportunities – how much of an investment does Lead Safe Mama, LLC need to take on some or all of these projects?
A. $100,000? $200,000? $500,000? $1,000,000?
I have immediate short-term opportunities for investors with a 6-month return or two- to three- year return (depending on the level of investment they would like to make and how much of a return they need). The shorter-term/smaller amounts would likely fall more under the category of an “angel investor small business loan” – with a guaranteed specific (generous) rate of return to be repaid in a 6-month time-frame. For this “Phase 1” we are ideally looking for a total in the neighborhood of $250,000 in capital. These funds will help us with the completion of several significant projects in the pipeline (including final prototyping of some of the consumer goods products) and then we will seek additional funding once those projects are at a phase where they can be shared with prospective investors and listed as a measurable asset.
While we are working on these projects, it is our goal that the work we do and report here on this blog (independent consumer goods testing and childhood Lead-poisoning prevention advocacy) continues to expand as it has steadily over the past 6 months (as reflected in site’s great metrics listed above.) In order to make this happen, a key element we require funding for is funds to build out the team, bringing on skilled key players to manage specific elements of projects that are already “in the works”.
NOW WHAT? Are you interested in learning more?
Are you interested in helping to build a movement protecting children across the globe, in a manner that will become self-sustaining? (…with media initiatives and future product sales and development supporting the continued expansion of the free information provided on this site to help families everywhere protect their children?)
If the answer to the above question is “yes”, please be in touch and we can discuss specifics [including timelines, sources for repayment of funds, anticipated project budgets / use of funds, and more].
The goal throughout this period of explosive growth here at Lead Safe Mama, LLC will be to continue to keep the resource of this website (the information provided to families to help them protect their kids) free and available to everyone, and through this expansion of our work to enlist new capital partners to enable us to rapidly bring on line additional revenue sources to support the work for decades into the future – sources that will also increase the funding available to expand the scope of the free and publicly-available information we provide.
As always, thank you for reading.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Best way to reach me is by text or email: 415-609-3182, TamaraRubin@mac.com