My Amazon Affiliate link for this product: https://amzn.to/2MfCAbk
When tested with an XRF instrument this “Contigo Kids Tumbler with Straw | Spill-Proof Tumbler with Straw for Kids, 14oz, in Nautical Blue” had the following readings:
Continue reading below the image.
1) Main Clear Blue Plastic Component of Cup (with yellow and blue fish design):
- Tin (Sn): 98 +/- 11 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 19 +/- 9 ppm
- Nickel (Ni): 17 +/- 6 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 6,775 +/- 259 ppm
2) Light Blue Silicone Banding (rim and bottom):
- Iron (Fe): 57 +/- 22 ppm
3) Blue Plastic of Straw:
- Barium (Ba): 163 +/- 79 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 73 +/- 8 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 640 +/- 182 ppm
4) Blue Plastic of Lid:
- Tin (Sn): 123 +/- 14 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 9 +/- 5 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 17 +/- 7 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 23 +/- 13 ppm
All accessible components tested* (without full disassembly). If a metal is not listed for a component it was not detected by the XRF instrument. All tests were done for at least 60 seconds (one minute) and repeated multiple times. Results are science-based and replicable. Testing was done in “consumer goods mode” on a freshly calibrated instrument (as are all the tests reported on this site, unless otherwise indicated.)
*Note there were two small white plastic / white silicone valves inside the lid and straw that were not removed and tested separately as it was not apparent that they could be removed without destroying the cup.
As always, thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
Please let me know if you have any questions.