When tested with an XRF instrument this metalware tray had the following reading:
- Lead (Pb): 757 +/- 45 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd): Non-Detect (Nd)
- Mercury (Hg): Non-Detect (Nd)
- Barium (Ba): Non-Detect (Nd)
- Chromium (Cr): Non-Detect (Nd)
- Antimony (Sb): Non-Detect (Nd)
- Selenium (Se): Non-Detect (Nd)
I have tested dozens of these metalware trays and they are always positive for some level of Lead.
These pieces are usually intended to be used as serving trays for food. Given that the levels of Lead seem to be consistent throughout the base metal of these items I would not personally use these for any food-use purposes (especially acidic foods like olives that one might normally serve in a dish like this.)
Sorry I do not have any information about the brand or age of this piece.
As always, thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
Please let me know if you have any questions.