This orange contractor grade extension cord was purchased in a Home Depot store circa 2000.
When tested with an XRF instrument this extension cord had the following readings – on the orange part of the cord – (testing done for a minimum of 60 seconds, test results are replicable).
- Lead (Pb): 50 +/- 14 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd): non-detect / negative
- Mercury (Hg): non-detect / negative
- Arsenic (As): 3,494 +/- 101 ppm
- Barium (Ba): 547 +/- 83 ppm
- Chromium (Cr): non-detect / negative
- Antimony (Sb): 4,113 +/- 102 ppm
- Selenium (Se): non-detect / negative
- Tin (Sn): 68 +/- 24 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 230 +/- 37 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 256 +/- 89 ppm
Metals not listed were not detected / testing was done for a minium of 60 seconds.
Moral of the story (not much of a story):
Definitely don’t let children play with tools intended for the workshop or garage.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.