The Sparoom Mini PureMist essential oil diffuser pictured here (tested new in box, purchased from Target in December of 2018) was tested with an XRF instrument and tested completely negative for Lead, Mercury, Arsenic and Cadmium in all accessible components.
NOTE: It does not have the characteristic metal ring found in the Young Living and doTerra diffusers tested previously.
To read all of the related posts I have written (including test results for specific essential oil diffusers from Rocky Mountain Oils, Young Living and doTerra) Click HERE.
Here’s an Amazon link* to a similar product from this brand but it is not the same exact product that I tested (it has an AC adaptor instead of the USB plug in): https://amzn.to/2R8rNBJ
Below are the specific test results for the diffuser pictured:
White Plastic of Top:
- Non-detect for all metals
Silver Plastic of Base:
- Barium (Ba): 231 +/- 115 ppm
- Antimony (Sb): 44 +/- 27 ppm
- Bromine (Br): 81 +/- 5 ppm
- Nickel (Ni): 26 +/- 10 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 118 +/- 25 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 1,600 +/- 307 ppm
Continue reading below images.
Black Rubberized Feet of Base (see image above):
- Barium (Ba): 203 +/- 127 ppm
- Selenium (Se): 24 +/- 10 ppm
- Bromine (Br): 9 +/- 4 ppm
- Tin (Sn): 226 +/- 24 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 4,627 +/- 84 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 131 +/- 27 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 2,490 +/- 346 ppm
White USB Cable (“string” part of cable):
- Barium (Ba): 248 +/- 41 ppm
- Bromine (Br): 22 +/- 4 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 466 +/- 30 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 78 +/- 26 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 72 +/- 47 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 8,914 +/- 1,326 ppm
As always, thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
*Amazon links are affiliate links. If you purchase something after clicking on one of my links I may receive a small percentage of what you spend at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my advocacy work in this way.
Thank you for running these tests! I’m planning on buying a lead free diffuser – are the Sparoom Mini PureMist Essential Oil Diffusers still currently the safest diffuser? I have 3 under 3 year old kids so I’m looking for safe products for my girls.
Please kindly advise! Many thanks!
Jessica G says
I have this diffuser already, woohoo! I also bought it at target and no metal rings.