This vintage Johnson Brothers Mill Stream ceramic “Ironstone” dish tested positive for the following levels when tested with an XRF instrument:
- Lead (Pb): 54,700 +/- 1,700 ppm
- Barium (Ba): 489 +/- 104 ppm
- Tin (Sn): 1,261 +/- 78 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 3,461 +/- 178 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 540 +/- 181 ppm
For more information about the concern for lead in dishware, Click Here.
To learn more about XRF testing, Click Here.
To see more Johnson Brothers pieces I have tested, Click Here.
For safer choices in dishes for your family, Click Here.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.