Every day recently I seem to get questions from parents looking for a lab to test something. Since I have not been able to put together a list of labs I wanted to put this out to my community.
- Have you worked with a lab?
- What have they tested for you? (Soil?, baby teeth? food items?)
- Have you found their results reliable and their low-threshold and margin of error acceptable?
- What kind of turn around do they have? (Time-line)
- Would you use them again?
- What are they best at?
- Where are they located?
- Who should someone contact there for lead testing (if the person requesting the testing is – in most cases – a parent of a lead poisoned child?)
Please comment on this post with your answers (and full contact information for the lab you are mentioning) so that I can share this information with parents on Facebook and elsewhere.
Thank you for taking the time!