Written Tuesday, 11/14/2017
Families everywhere contact me for referrals to EPA RRP trained and certified contractors, trainers or hazard assessors in their area.
With a few exceptions my answer generally is: I don’t often recommend contractors I have not worked with, so I really don’t have a recommendation for someone in your area. [I have personal friends who are inspectors, contractors and trainers in California and New Jersey and Michigan – and I refer them all the time, but that’s about it!]
As many of you know, I am looking for new possible monetization ideas to support my advocacy work, and it is important for me to be able to accept contributions without compromising my stringent ethical standards. To this end, I have decided to start a contractor listing page as a resource for families and as a fundraiser for my advocacy. This will be clearly noted as a paid advertisement listing, not an endorsement by me of the companies advertising.
In accordance with my commitment to full transparency, I want readers to know that I am asking for a
- $250 sponsorship contribution for contractors to be listed on the page for one year or
- $500 – for a three year listing
[rates subject to change]
CONDITIONS For being accepted as a contractor sponsor of this site:
- I will only accept contractors or hazard assessors here who have the highest standards and work with the customer’s long-term best interest in mind.
- I will specifically only allow contractors listed here if they are EPA RRP Certified – with their license current and in good standing.
- If the contractor incurs any marks against them (Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List, EPA RRP fine/penalty or other similar fining or ratings agency negative mark), I will remove them (and any related posts) from this list immediately [with no refund of sponsorship funds.]
- Contractors/Trainers/Hazard Assessors will be listed on a highlighted and publicly available page on my website (it will appear in the purple top menu bar of the site).
- On this page these professionals will be able to include a link to their company website (the page of their choosing) along with a brief narrative paragraph about their area of focus and how they can help parents of lead poisoned children (or help parents protect their children from being poisoned.)
- Each construction professional listed will also be given the opportunity to write one guest blog post for each year they are a sponsor at this level – to address a topic of interest or focus and better give my readers a sense of their work; this post will also be shared on Facebook, on Twitter and via my subscriber e-mail list – as a way to thank the professional for their support of my advocacy.
- Sponsor blog posts will be subject to editing and approval — and must provide some genuine informational value – not merely thinly-veiled self-promotion or advertisement!, (instead – educate, illuminate, clarify or instruct — and by way of that empowerment, impress my readers with the breadth and depth of your knowledge of the issue! ;-))
Are you an EPA RRP construction/renovation professional that would be interested in listing your firm here? Someone needs to be the first! 😉 Please message me. This blog gets as many as 70,000 unique hits each month (11/9 – this site saw more than 2750 unique hits as a result of the CBS national news coverage!) and that number is expected to grow significantly over the coming year.
Each of the people coming here is specifically seeking out information and resources around the issue of lead hazard remediation in their home, lead in consumer goods and childhood lead poisoning prevention — I don’t think you could find a better source of “qualified leads” for your business! 😉
Thank you for reading!
“Unexpected Lead Expert”