The picture above is my bedroom (where my husband and I sleep when I am not traveling AND when I am not needed to comfort a kiddo to help them get to sleep in their own room!) Under the patchwork comforter (and a down duvet and organic cotton sheets…) is the Naturepedic organic split-king mattress that I sleep on every night. This mattress is the “EOS Classic Organic Mattress Split CalKing – with one side Cushion Firm, and the other side Plush” – here’s the exact link for this mattress: https://shrsl.com/3n91p
Naturepedic is offering Lead Safe Mama readers and friends a 15% discount if you use our discount code [LeadSafe15] – AND [Bonus!] if you start your Naturepedic shopping with one of our links they will also contribute 15% of what you spend back to Lead Safe Mama, LLC in support of our programs helping families protect their children from exposure to Lead and other heavy metals in their homes, schools and communities!
In this photo you can see the following other items that I have purchased on Amazon:
- My patchwork quilt
- My organic cotton sheets
- One of my pillow case / shams (from my son’s quilt set)
- Another of my pillow case / shams
- The straw hat on the wall (because why not!) – from the kids’ Halloween costume last year.
- The pouches on the wall (I use these for everything – and keep random things in them around the house – like tweezers, bandaids – etc, so they are easily accessible)
- The folding storage box on top of my husband’s dresser
- The acrylic thing on the wall for holding nail polish (nail polish I never use!)
- The wooden pegs I bought recently to stick hats all over the walls of all of our rooms (because I was tired of finding hats all over the house in random places!)
The remaining items in our room:
- My grandmother’s dresser from the bedroom set she got for her wedding in San Francisco in 1940 [With two matching side tables too.]
- A dresser my husband picked up at a yard sale somewhere.
- Blackout curtains purchased at Target.
- A digital clock (I have a bit of a time fetish – always like to know what time it is and have clocks in almost every room in the house!)
- A shelf my husband built 15 years ago – custom built exactly to the right specs to hold DVDs… which aren’t a thing anymore so the shelf is almost empty.
- Not visible – a POS metal platform bedframe that we got on WayFair as a placeholder to hold up our bed until my husband has time to build us a new custom bed frame (which he has done before.)
- A clown wig… because of course there is a clown wig (just trying to keep my kids’s stuff off the floor!)
- A neon orange baseball cap (so you don’t get shot in the head when walking through the Maine woods during hunting season.)
- A pink cotton baseball cap (too small for anyone in my house – why do we still have this?)
- A fan – because my husband always needs a fan.
- Some art from the kids.
- And BTW… if you are wondering what is in my closet… I don’t have a closet! All of my clothes are pretty much in that dresser!