August 7, 2022 – Sunday
The picture above is my youngest son’s bedroom. Continue reading below for links to as many of the thing in his bedroom that I could find. BTW, his bedroom is nearly 100% Lead-free! [This link discusses the one major exception – and the reason we got rid of his bedroom door!]
First: His Bed
On top of the custom made bed (designed / built / welded by my darling husband in his workshop) and under the patchwork quilt (and a down duvet and organic cotton sheets…) is the Naturepedic organic queen mattress that my youngest son (14 years old and over 6 feet tall!) sleeps on most nights. This mattress is the “Verse Organic Queen Mattress” – here’s the exact link for his mattress: https://shrsl.com/3nc7q
Naturepedic is currently offering Lead Safe Mama readers and friends a 15% discount if you use our discount code [LeadSafe15] – AND [Bonus!] if you start your Naturepedic shopping with one of our links (no matter which discount code you use!) Naturepedic will also contribute 15% of what you spend back to Lead Safe Mama, LLC in support of our programs helping families protect their children from exposure to Lead and other heavy metals in their homes, schools and communities!
Below are three more pictures of my son’s bed (with the frame my husband made) without the bedding. Continue reading below the images for links to a lot of the other stuff in his room too.
In addition to his bed, you can see the following things in this photo….
Note: the stuffies (stuffed animals, decorative pillows, etc.) in Charlie’s room likely test positive for Antimony in the filling (you can see an example here.) He does not sleep with them (he just collects them and uses them to decorate his room) so I don’t have a huge concern for them in this context. IF I had a kiddo who regularly slept with a stuffed animal or special decorative pillow I would make sure that it was made of (and stuffed with) organic / natural materials. Not all of the links below are links to the exact item in his room (some are slightly different as the exact item he has is no longer available.)
- An amethyst tree (test results here)
- Blue organic cotton sheets
- The down pillows my son likes
- My son’s down comforter (organic cotton)
- Glass bottles from Egypt
- My Little Pony stuffies
- My Little Pony backpack
- Juggling Pins!
- A map of Oregon
- A map of the United States
- The ceiling lamp (which we bought to replace the old Leaded one that was there.)
- A pillow sham from one of the sets I bought for the kids.
- A poop emoji pillow (because… teenagers)
- A Pinkie Pie doll he won at an amusement park.
- A metal cabinet from Ikea
- A laptop stand my husband built for me (that’s what I use for my Zoom calls!)
- A *new* Simonton window (with a lifetime guarantee!) purchased and installed in 2007! [read that story here.]
- A natural wood dresser with wood handles – yard sale find
- A natural wood shelf unit – antique store find (not an antique, but a vendor was closing their unit and selling their displays!)
- A giant plastic candy cane that Charlie found in an antique store in Maine.
- A hand carved natural wood walking stick from an artist – purchased years ago at this shop in Astoria, Oregon (Charlie calls the stick “old man sticky sticky” because it has an old man’s face carved into it!)
- A Lego-Head container – not 100% sure where he got that one!
- The switch plates for our outlets and switches.