Check out the calendar image here on this post (& the links) below for more info!
Updated: Tuesday – September 14, 2021
Rates subject to change
- Tamara’s background + home consultations & outreach events rates
- Phone & zoom consultations
- Contribute in support of the work
- Home consultation overview post
- Community event overview post
Not all events and consultations involve XRF testing, however for those that do here are some additional links with more information:
- Testing methodologies used in this work.
- How many items can be tested during an hour?
- Items one might want to have tested with an XRF instrument.
How do you know if I will be in your area during an upcoming travel month?
That’s up to you! If you are among the first to book me for one of the travel dates, I will build my travel schedule around your visit no matter where you are… so YES! I can be in your area. With some exceptions I normally limit Lead Safe Mama travel to the months of January, April and October each year.
How it works
- Reserve your consultation or event: To book a Lead Safe Mama home consultation (or small community event) a 50% deposit for your total anticipated fee is due now to tentatively reserve a 3-day date window in the travel schedule (please look at the calendar graphic on this page to see what dates may still be available in which locations.) For large community events costs, deposits and timelines are different.
- I will travel anywhere in the United States during January, April or October (regular Lead Safe Mama travel months.)
- The sooner you book, the more likely I will be able to fit you in – as the trip is built around the locations for the people or events who book first.
- How long is a consultation?: Most home consultations are 3 or 4 hours.
- We currently have a three-hour minimum and a four-hour maximum for home consultations.
- Small community events are also normally 3 or 4 hours and are also billed hourly and normally include a brief introduction followed by free community goods testing, followed by Q & A with the attendees and hosts.
- Large public / community events can include a half-day or full day of programming.
- How much does it cost?: The 2021 rate for a home consultation starts at $350 an hour in most locations. So the total cost is normally in the $1,050 to $1,400 range depending on the location / duration of the event.
- The rate for a small community event is normally $500/hour (with some exceptions), for a total range of $1,500 to $2,000.
- The rate for a large community event is $5,500 for a half-day or $7,500 for a full day of programming. This post has more details about what can be included in a large community event.
- Rates for small community events or large public speaking events vary depending on the complexity of the events and are discussed in detail on this link.
- How much of a deposit do I have to pay?: Your 50% deposit (for a 3-hour home consultation) is $525 for most locations during normal Lead Safe Mama travel months of January, April and October. Your 50% deposit for a 3-hour small community event starts at $750.
- What if I need to cancel?: Deposits are fully refundable (per the refund policy linked on the bottom of each page of the website) if your consultation is canceled for any reason. Here’s the refund policy link.
- Do you charge for travel?: During Lead Safe Mama pre-set travel months [of January, April and October each year] there is normally no additional charge for travel costs with advance scheduling of your visit as the travel schedule is built around you once you confirm. Exceptions to this are noted on this link.
- Finalize your date: To finalize your date, the remaining 50% of your home consultation or small event fee is due no later than two weeks prior to your scheduled date. Upon payment of your remaining 50% we will finalize the date with you – as well as a time-window for your appointment.
- If you need a firm date earlier (if two weeks in advance to confirm the final date and time-window is not enough notice for your schedule) feel free to pay your remaining 50% at any time and we will finalize the date then.
- COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: Tamara is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As long as the conditions of the pandemic are still happening, all visits will be done socially distanced and with masks.
- We requests that (unless pandemic circumstances change dramatically in the coming months) that you agree to opening windows during your consultation, having fans on and wearing masks.
- For testing events in private homes many clients choose to bring the items to be tested into the garage and we can work together in the garage with the garage door open.