Monday – October 19, 2020
I am available on the East Coast/ New England for one-on-one consultations (with individuals or small businesses), or small community events — for at least another two weeks (and possibly for longer than that) and am otherwise working on scheduling and planning my return trip to Oregon for November and/or December 2020. To finalize this return trip I need to confirm at least 4 (or 5?) socially distanced consultations along the way. Please let me know if you are interested in hiring me while I am still on the East Coast (or on my cross-country return trip).
Here are the details:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: I am not a hazard assessor / risk assessor or home inspector. I do not normally provide any written reports with my work with families. If you need an inspection and a written report about your home by a hazard assessor (or other professional) please let me know and I will do my best to refer an appropriate local professional to you for those services.
Specifics of one-on-one 2020/2021 Lead Safe Mama consultations (& small community events):
- All consultations and in-person meetings will be done “CoViD-19 safe” – socially distanced and with masks, and – whenever possible – outdoors (in full or in part.) For times when I must be inside a building (or home) with a client I request that they open all the windows (for any rooms I will be in with other people) before I arrive and leave them open for the duration of our visit.
- Small community events are limited to 6 in-person attendees (socially distanced, with masks and active outdoor air circulation) unless otherwise restricted by local or federal mandate.
- Small community events may be live-streamed on the host’s social media channels with advance written permission only.
- Most Lead Safe Mama consultations have a 3-hour minimum (I also have a 4-hour maximum).
- My rate for most individual home consultations is $300 per hour – so the cost range for a one-on-one consultation is generally $900 to $1,200.
- My rate for small community events or consultations with businesses is $500 per hour – so $1,500 to $2,000 [Note: this rate may also apply for a home consultation if travel time is more than 2 hours each way / more than 4 hours total travel time].
- My normal in-person public speaking rate is $5,000 (including collaborative event promotion, administrative assistance and other related costs). [Unfortunately – but not surprisingly – I haven’t been hired to do any of these types of events since CoViD-19 hit!]
- My driving time (as well as my other travel and related costs) is included in my fees!
- For zoom presentations (classes, speaking engagements, etc.) my fee is $500 for a one-hour presentation or interactive discussion (this may include recording of the session with advance written agreement.)
- For personal phone or zoom consultations (one-on-one with families) my fee is $250 for a one-hour consultation (recording of the session is not allowed.)
- To tentatively reserve a time-slot and location for an in-person consultation on my cross-country tour, a 50% deposit of your fee is required. This fee is 100% refundable if – for any reason – your consultation is cancelled.
- The remaining 50% for an in-person consultation or event must be paid at least two weeks before your consultation to confirm. Due to CoViD-19 considerations his is also fully refundable if your appointment is cancelled for any reason (by either party.)
- All consultations (in person or virtual) and events must be paid for in full in advance to confirm a time-slot.
- Preferred payment method is Venmo: @TamaraERubin or Zelle to: 503-702-2708. PayPal is also an option.
“Where are you planning to be exactly, Tamara?”
As of this moment I am scheduled to be in Acton, Maine (just about two hours from Boston, MA, one hour from Portsmouth, NH and 3.5 hours from Burlington, Vermont) until at least November 1st. I will update this post as soon as I know more details about the return trip schedule. As a first draft however, I will share the following with you: for my cross country return trip to Portland (likely to happen in November and possibly in to early December) – I have tentative appointments and events in Chicago, Arkansas, Salt Lake City and San Diego. As we will be driving and I have not yet planned my route – I could include additional stops pretty much anywhere along the way between those locations. The proposed route can be seen in the map below. For a post with a more detailed list of potential cities for this portion of the cross-country tour, click here.
Thanks for reading! Please be in touch if you are interested in a consultation, and please also let me know if you have any questions.