Published: Friday, July 10, 2020
Given the “up-in-the-air” nature of things these days (because of CoViD-19), below is the plan for the Lead Safe Mama cross country tour in August (and possibly into September). If you are interested in participating, please let me know if you have any questions!
Points covered below:
- the tentative route
- the dates of travel
- social distancing measures that will be observed
- how to reserve a spot on the trip
- cancellations and refunds
- “I’m rescheduling my March/April 2020 event or consultation, how will that work?”
- “How can I figure out when you are likely to be in my part of the country?”
#1 – the tentative route
Below is the summer tour route map. This is tentative — and will likely change, based on ongoing confirmations of home consultations and small community events. The only thing that is really “set” at this point is our intention to take a “northern” cross-country route (by car) in August – but which states we hit on that route (and how long we will stay in each state) is still up in the air… at this stage, there’s still a lot of flexibility, and the exact itinerary can still be determined by you (if you would like to confirm a home consultation or small community event in your area!)
States we are most likely going to be driving through — because we have appointments confirmed already [or because we have friends we are planning to (socially-distanced) visit there!] include: Washington; Montana; Colorado; Missouri; Wisconsin; Illinois; Michigan; Ohio; New York (upstate); and Massachusetts.
Depending on how the route shapes up, we will likely proceed [after August 29th] on through Maine; New Hampshire; Vermont; Pennsylvania; Maryland; Washington D.C.; Virginia; North Carolina; and South Carolina.
On the way back across the country (planned for September) we’re hoping to pass through Georgia; Alabama; Louisiana; Arkansas; and Utah (and possibly California). All of this will be “CoViD-19 permitting”!
Continue reading below the map…
#2. the dates of travel
We are looking at leaving Portland, Oregon on (or about) August 1st (by car) and our goal is to arrive in Boston, MA (on or about) August 29th. All points in between are still fluid (subject to folks confirming specific additional small community events and home consultations). We will likely stay on the East Coast for two weeks (until about September 15th), and then head back cross country (southern route) starting in mid-September.
Continue reading below the calendar…
#3. Social Distancing Measures
In order to “self-isolate” as much as possible on the trip, we will be taking the following measures:,
- We will be scheduling no more than 10 home consultations or small community events over the course of the month of August.
- We will be traveling by car and camping
- We will be preparing our own food, and avoiding unnecessarily entering potentially high-traffic’d areas, including stores and gas stations
- We will be using masks whenever we are near other people
- I will not be spending any time indoors while traveling
- events and home consultations will be done with PPE (medical grade masks) and social distancing.
- I will change clothes (which will be thoroughly washed between uses) and shower before and after any home consultations or small community events
- Note: if you have any other recommendations for keeping this process as safe as possible please let me know!
#4. how to reserve a spot on the trip
- Home consultations and small community events will either be 3 or 4 hours.
- A 3-hour appointment is $900 and a 4-hour appointment is $1,200.
- If you have a small community event, the limit is 6 participants — and all must observe social distancing, including wearing masks.
- To confirm a spot on the travel schedule, a payment of 50% of your appointment fee is required at this time (either $450 or $600.) We will then build your visit in to our travel schedule (& add you to the map above!)
- Payments can be made with PayPal (TamaraRubin@mac.com) or Venmo (@TamaraERubin).
- If you require an invoice for your records, please let me know and I will e-mail that to you.
- Once you have paid I will let you know a 3-day anticipated window when I expect to be in your area. (We will be driving a maximum of 4 hours a day, so you can estimate your window based on travel time from Portland, Oregon to you! Specific details on estimating my E.T.A. to your area are below.)
- Two weeks prior to your visit I will contact you, to: 1.) check for any possible changes in everyone’s health status – and that you are still interested in going ahead with your home consultation or small community event; 2.) confirm your specific date and time-slot at this time.*
- At that time, to confirm / finalize your date, you will pay the remaining 50% of the fee for your appointment ($450 or $600).
- *You may also choose to cancel your consultation or event at this time (for any reason, for a full refund, no questions asked). See below for details.
#4. cancellations and refunds
- If at the two week “confirmation check-in” (see above section), you choose not to confirm, you will be offered the opportunity to receive a full refund or to reschedule for a later date (and use your amount paid as a credit towards the later appointment.)
- Refunds for funds paid for events for the Summer 2020 Lead Safe Mama tour will be given in full via the method paid (Venmo, PayPal, etc.) within 45 days of your cancellation.
- Outside of the above two considerations, if you choose to cancel your visit for any reason, my normal refund policy will apply.
- Here’s the refund policy for home consultations.
- Here’s the refund policy for small community events.
- Here are all of my refund policies in one place. 🙂
- If you have rescheduled an event or consultation that was originally scheduled for April 2020, here’s the details originally posted on rescheduling (and refunds) pertaining to those events.
#6. “I’m rescheduling my March/April 2020 event or consultation,
how will that work?”
Thank you for your patience!!! Once I have confirmed at least four events or consultations to help cover the cost of the cross country drive (to make sure it is 100% happening!) I will be in touch with you regarding potential dates for your visit being rescheduled. I am anticipating I will have things figured out on-or-about July 17th.
#7. “How can I figure out when you are likely to be in my part of the country??
When I give you an estimate as to when I will be in your neck of the woods, I will calculate estimated driving time to your home from Portland, Oregon. I am anticipating driving about 4 hours each day – with a few (3 or 4) days along the way without any driving… so you can check that out yourself, too.
As an example:
- Chicago is 2,131 miles from my house.
- Google Maps says it is a 29-hour drive from my home to Chicago.
- That means I will likely be to Chicago in “(29 divided by 4) + 3 days” from our date of departure.
- 29 divided by 4 is roughly 8 days (rounding up, just to be safe).
- Add three days for potential stops along the way = 11 days.
- Our anticipated date of departure is August 1st.
- I’m giving folks a 3-day anticipated window for your visit, based on the above calculations.
- So adding 11 days to August 1st, we will likely be in your neck of the woods some time between August 12 and August 15.
So in this example, when you pay your deposit ($450 -$600) in July, I will give you a window of August 12 to 15 for our appointment, and then I will contact you on August 1st to make sure that window still works for you. If it does, you will pay the remainder to confirm you appointment / event / consultation on August 1st, and we will firm up the date. You will also be able to cancel at that time for any reason (for a full refund of your deposit).
If there are any unanswered questions based on the information above, please let me know and I will update the post accordingly! Thank you.
~ End Post ~