Please click the image to read about this amazing opportunity!
As many of you know, I have been trying to come up with new ways to bring attention to the issue of Lead-painted baby bottles (and the larger issue of the Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Arsenic, and other potently toxic heavy metals) commonly [needlessly] still found in so many consumer goods.
Every day here in the U.S.A., in 2019 children are still be exposed to – and potentially poisoned by – the coatings, finishes, decorative components and exposed elements of household products (new and vintage) that should not contain [and do not require] these potent neurotoxicants and known carcinogens. In many cases, the manufacturers themselves are completely unaware that these neurotoxic elements are finding their way into their finished goods at various points along the increasingly long and complex and fluid international supply chains.
Over the years I have been hoping to find a celebrity parent of a young child who might take on this cause as their own, and I have often suggested that Kylie Jenner (and her sisters) could have an incredible impact on the issue – if they were only made aware of the concern (especially if I had 10 or 20 minutes [or longer!] to talk to them in person and answer any questions they might have!)
I have also said (a million times) that getting the issue on Ellen would be incredible – given the reach of her audience (and I even recently tested her “Set Mug” to see if it has Lead!)
Well now here’s an opportunity to reach both of these amazing influencers with the issue – hopefully with a little help from my readers!
If I have helped you in any way and you have a moment to make a quick video and fill out the nomination form (to help bring more national and international attention to the continued use of neurotoxic heavy metals in so many consumer goods that we use every day!), please consider nominating me for this.
Some highlights of my advocacy work that you might want to include in your nomination essay or video:
- That my advocacy work was covered on CBS This Morning (in 2017) when I (with my friend Carissa) discovered Lead in fidget spinners;
- that I was the mom who found first found and reported on Lead in vintage Pyrex;
- that I was the mom who first found and reported on Lead in vintage Tupperware and in vintage Fisher Price toys.
- If it is the case, you could also mention how I helped you personally.
- Please (if you can) mention that I have found Lead in several brands of recently manufactured baby bottles – yet we have not been able to get national mainstream media attention on this issue, and that that is my goal in getting recognized in this way (to have the issue of Lead-in-baby-bottles addressed by mainstream media).
- You could also mention that my dream – the thing I would like to “win” most of all (more than money, more than a car, more than a year’s worth of house-payments, more than a new washing machine – or whatever it is that they give away on these shows) – is the opportunity to do a healthy home consultation for Kylie and for Ellen (they could film it too!), a visit when I would test their dishes (and their purses and other items around their house) to see if I can find any Leaded things that they might want to consider replacing with Lead free #SaferChoices [consider that I have never yet failed to find multiple “smoking guns” in the houses of the rich and famous! With all of those vintage purses at Kylie’s house I am certain I will find some Lead there! ]
Thank you so much for considering supporting my advocacy work in this way.
Answers to questions on the nomination form (that you may need!)
Here are some answers to the questions asked on the nomination form, in case you need them (they ask for this information for the person who is doing the nominating, but you may have to provide some of this as a follow up, as well):
- Name: Tamara Elise Rubin
- Twitter: @LeadSafeMama
- Facebook: LeadSafeMama
- Instagram: @LeadSafeMama
- Website: www.LeadSafeMama.com
- email: TamaraRubin@mac.com
- mobile phone: 415-609-3182
- Address: 7933 SE 15th Avenue, Portland, Oregon, 97202
- Age: 49!
- Photo: Use one of the photos on this link… New Photos!
My husband was quick to point out that ‘this is all nonsense” and that “there’s no way (my) work will be chosen” because my “work is too controversial” and I’ve “been arrested” (etc.) … but even with all those considerations I think it is worth a shot!